Friday, June 17, 2011

What I'm cooking for my husband's
birthday and Father's Day

On Saturday, I'll be cooking all day for a party in the evening.
   It’s not a big party, just four of us: Me, my husband, my mom and dad.
   We’re going to be celebrating my husband’s birthday and Father’s Day.
   My husband’s birthday was on Thursday, and Father’s Day is on Sunday, so we decided to combine the two occurrences into one celebration. We have done this in past years as the two occasions fall so close together.
   I’m going to be cooking up a storm of favorites that day.
   Here’s what I plan to serve. All the recipes would work terrifically for your Father’s Day barbecue, too!

Rum Punch with Passion Fruit and Lime - You can do no wrong with this delicious hot-weather cocktail. It’s a snap to make and is easily doubled and tripled.

Ray's Cafe Salmon Burger with Basil Mayonnaise - This is absolutely the best homemade grilled burger we’ve ever made. And it’s so amazingly simple to prepare!

Creamy Dill Cucumber Salad - My husband hates watery cucumber salads, and last summer I found a recipe that solves that icky problem. This is it.

Zucchini pickles - This crunchy, pleasing side is ready in just 10 minutes!

Tunnel of Fudge Cake - This is one of my husband’s favorite dessert recipes. I made it for his birthday last year, and I am again this year. I’m sure my Dad will like it too.

No comments: